The Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP) Level 1 Accelerated is now accepting applications!
This opportunity is available to current Trillium Lakelands District School Board (TLDSB) Grade 11 students who are interested in pursuing a career in the skilled trades. It allows students to complete the first part of their apprenticeship schooling, all while participating in the cooperative (co-op) education program and completing their secondary school diploma.
The program is available to current Grade 11 students who will be in Grade 12 next school year and meet the following criteria:
- Have completed all required courses, including ENG4 by the end of semester 1 in the 2023-2024 school year.
- Have achieved a minimum of 60 percent in Grade 11 math and Grade 12 English (college or university streams), and technology classes.
- Will be enrolled in a four credit unpaid co-op placement in semester 2 of the 2023-2024 school year in any of the following trades: hair stylist, electrician, carpenter, industrial mechanical millwright, plumber, automotive service technician, welder, cook, general machinist.
Students enrolled in the program will be provided with the following, free of charge:
- OYAP Level 1 schooling tuition
- Transportation to the training delivery agent
- Personal protective equipment, if applicable. Example, steel-toed boots
Interested students should complete the OYAP Level 1 Accelerated Application Form.
The deadline to register is Friday, April 14.
If you have any questions or want more information, review the TLDSB Level 1 Program Information document or contact your school’s guidance department.
You can also attend the upcoming Apprenticeship Information Session taking place virtually on Wednesday, March 22, at 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. If interested, please register using the OYAP Family Information Session Registration Form.